Local governments of eligible cities will develop their own request for CDIA support (using the format in the Support Application Guide, and which the CDIA CMT may facilitate) and must be committed to cost-sharing principles.
To qualify for CDIA support, cities will:
- Have prepared and adopted an urban development strategy and/or integrated urban development plan.
- Have a demonstrable intent to address social and environmental issues in infrastructure provision, e.g. through identified priority actions to reduce urban poverty and/ or improve the urban environment.
- Have demonstrated commitment of local government through pledging their own contributions to both preparatory studies (variable according to the circumstances, but generally at about 20 % of total costs) and financing infrastructure projects (in line with financing agencies requirements).
- Have demonstrable in-principle central/ state level support for the development of an urban infrastructure projects portfolio and its financing, and for the assistance application to CDIA.
- Have endorsement for the request from one of the CDIA funding members.
Submit an Application
1. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements. Download the CDIA Application Form and Eligibility Criteria
2. Submit the following forms:
3. Send in your applications via courier or email.
Or, you may also use our online form to upload and send your documents:
1. Want to make a preliminary enquiry to CDIA? Download a sample letter format
Sample Enquiry Letter
2. Need help with formulating an integrated strategic plan? Visit these helpful links
Cities Alliance CDS Initiative
UN-Habitat Sustainable Cities Programme
3. Want to conduct your own assessment on development priorities and preliminary project programming? Download the City Infrastructure Investment Programming and Prioritization Manual
Programming and Prioritization Manual