CDIA offers a range of international expertise and advice that assists cities to move from strategic master plans to concrete policies and infrastructure projects — ready to be presented to financiers and project developers. We offer:
- Advisory support to urban infrastructure investment programming and prioritization.
- Consultancy support for the preparation of pre-feasibility studies for high priority infrastructure investment projects.
- Identification of potential private sector involvement in early stages of project definition and structuring projects for such involvement.
- Local institutional capacity strengthening related to infrastructure investment planning and programming.
- Advisory support to market local investment proposals to potential financiers.
Key Service Areas
Preparation of Pre-feasibility Studies (PFS)
CDIA provides direct Technical Assistance to cities comprising the development of a project concept to its initial scoping.
Download PFS Guidelines
Medium Term Infrastructure Investment Programming
CDIA supports the development of rational, comprehensive, and financeable medium-term infrastructure investment programs to implement existing city development strategies and comprehensive development plans.
Download Programming & Prioritisation Toolkit
Linking Cities to Finance for Infrastructure Investments
As part of its advisory support, CDIA also assists cities in marketing their investment proposals elaborated in the PFS to potential financiers.
Download Public-Private Partnership Guide
Key Areas of Support
CDIA’s support is underpinned by the following development principles:
- Urban Environment Improvement: Development of urban infrastructure investment projects which contribute to the reduction of environmental degradation.
- Urban Poverty Reduction: Development of urban infrastructure investment projects with a pro-poor focus, where the rights of disadvantaged groups are addressed.
- Climate Change Mitigation or Adaptation: Development of urban infrastructure investments contributing to reduction of green house gas emissions and to help cities to prepare for local impacts of climate change.
- Good Governance: To promote financially and institutionally sustainable urban infrastructure investments to meet the needs of all citizens in cities.
- Capacity Development: Strengthening of institutional, organizational and individual capacities at city, national and regional level.