Every year, CDIA accepts three YAPs to gain on-the-job experience with CDIA partners and stakeholders, participate in CDIA’s project missions in partner cities, and be mentored by CDIA experts in office and field activities.
Applicants should meet the following qualifications and criteria:
- Master’s Degree in related urban field (civil engineering, urban planning, urban environment, land economics, etc.)
- Citizen and resident of one of ADB’s DMCs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related profession working with city governments/ national associations on local development issues; linkages with national government oversight agencies.
- Has at least 2 years of experience at Project manager, coordinator, or researcher level.
- Knowledge and experience in local government-focused strategic development planning processes.
- Applicants with experience working with international development cooperation projects including direct experience in working in areas of urban environmental improvement; urban poverty reduction and cities’ climate change initiatives are given priority.
- Letter from employer nominating the candidate and confirming he/she is allowed to participate in the YAP program and will be allowed to return to the organization upon completion of the program.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment would be an asset.
- Typical age range will be from 25-32.
- Proven English language skills (written, spoken, comprehension)
- Available for a minimum of 6 months
How To Apply
CDIA actively strives to ensure a gender balance in its recruitment of YAPs. Women are encouraged to apply.
Prepare the following:
1. Completely filled out the YAPP Application Form.
2. Updated resume with photo
3. Photocopy of academic certificates
4. Letter from employer nominating the applicant and confirming that he/she will be allowed to participate in the YAPP for 4-6 months and will be allowed to return as an employee upon completion of the program.
Send these documents by email or post to:
Cities Development Initiative for Asia (CDIA)
Suite 202-203, Hanston Bldg. F. Ortigas Jr. Rd. (Emerald Ave.)
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
Phone +63 2 631 2342
Fax +63 2 631 6158