Effective Urban Infrastructure Programming Executive Short-Course
November 25, 2012
The 4th offering of the Executive Short Course on ‘Effective Urban Infrastructure Programming’ will be held from 23 January to 1 February 2013. The Technical Cooperation Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign affairs, Singapore and the Cities Development Initiative for Asia (CDIA) have agreed to continue their partnership of cooperation under the Singapore-CDIA Third Country Training Programme (TCTP), aimed at joint provision of technical assistance to developing countries in the Asian region for their economic and social development.
The areas of training will include, but will not be limited to, the following subjects:
- Urban infrastructure project prioritization and programming;
- Urban infrastructure finance;
- Urban infrastructure services contributing to urban sustainability (environment, social development, economic development);
- Marketing of infrastructure investment projects to potential financiers;
- Using Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangements for infrastructure investments.
- Using pre-feasibility studies to help bridge the gap between development plans and project implementation.
This Course is highly relevant to senior government policy makers (e.g. mayors, governors, commissioners) and their senior professional staff (senior municipal and city officials). The maximum benefit from participation in this Executive Short-Course is for cities to participate as a small team. We therefore encourage applicants to compose a team of three Senior Executives from your city authority, responsible for urban planning and development issues, to participate in the training course.
A typical team would consist of:
- One (1) Senior Elected official (e.g.: Mayor or Vice Mayor) for the final two days of the training course (31 January to 1 February 2013) and
- Two (2) Senior Department Professionals (e.g.: Department Heads responsible for Planning or Engineering, etc.) who will attend the full eight-day program (23 January to 1 February,
Qualified CDIA partner cities are welcome to apply for the limited number of sponsored slots.
- The Team Composition Form can be downloaded here City Team Application Form
- Detailed individual application form available for download by clicking this link Individual Application Form
- An indicative program outline can be downloaded here Indicative Programme Schedule
- A general brochure can be viewed at this link General Information Brochure