Public-Private Partnerships for Asian Cities:
October 14, 2013
Smart City Week 2013 (SCW2013) sets its focus on “City Innovation,” which begins on October 21, 2013 at Pacifico Yokohama International Conference, Yokohama, Japan.
Under the umbrella of the Smart City Week, Cities Development Initiative for Asia (CDIA) and the city of Yokohama co-develop this workshop as the illustration to international participants on how PPPs have evolved in developed countries in Asia and the opportunities that cities in developing countries can bring to private sector sponsors and investors.
- Overview of administrative conditions and additional mechanisms that Japanese cities enjoy to develop PPPs.
- Adaptability of these mechanisms to other countries in Asia.
- Overview of the role of the private sector in the development of public infrastructure at the municipal level in Japan.
- Presentation of the work of CDIA with secondary cities in Asia as source of opportunities to private sector sponsors and financiers.
- Illustration of a variety of PPP cases at the municipal level.
This event will bring together: city representatives and city officials; national governments with responsibility over PPP policies or implementation; private sector sponsors in PPP, Multilateral Financing Institutions, private sector institutions like contractor associations, financial institutions and infrastructure funds and other equity providers.
The event is divided in:
- Policies and instruments available for cities to make use of the PPP mechanism.
- Examples of well-structures running PPP projects in cities in Asia
- Illustration about CDIA contribution and developments with cities in PPP.
To download a copy of the programme please click the following link: Financial Innovation to Create Sustainable Urban Infrastructure