Training Events: International Course on Smart Cities, 5-16 Oct 2015
August 8, 2015
Total Synergy Consulting (TSCPL), New Delhi and IHS are working in collaboration to offer an International Course on Smart Cities. The course is intended for government officials, policy makers, administrators and practitioners and professionals engaged in various facets of urban development and management, including planning, economic development, infrastructure, mobility, housing, poverty reduction etc. Click here for the program brochure.
It employs a range of proven and innovative training methodologies. The learning activities will include classroom presentations, interactive sessions, group discussions and assignments, and guest lectures by well-known practitioners. Field visits to cutting-edge smart city initiatives in the Netherlands will complement the learning experience.The course is proposed to be held on 5-16 October 2015. The first week of the course will be conducted in New Delhi, India, followed by another one week in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Participants can register for the course at www.tscpl.com/smartcities by 5th September 2015. By the end of the course, the course participants will be able to:
– Define the concept of Smart Cities and apply it to solve challenges emerging from rapid urbanization
– Understand various components of Smart Cities
– Identify and apply a systematic, strategic planning approach for developing implementation design of Smart Cities
– Understand the role and relevance of various stakeholders for the development of Smart Cities
– Identify forms of available public private partnerships and build partnerships as mechanisms for mobilizing private finance
Participants completing the course successfully will be awarded certificates by the Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS), Erasmus University Rotterdam and Total Synergy Consulting (TSCPL), New Delhi. Click here for the course brochure.