CDIA provides a range of international and domestic expertise that can assist cities to move from strategic master plans to concrete policies and infrastructure projects — ready to be presented to financiers and project developers. We offer:
- Assistance to secondary cities in Asia and the Pacific to prepare sustainable and bankable quality infrastructure projects to bridge the gap between their development plans and the implementation of their priority projects.
- Linking infrastructure with funding sources; and
- Strengthening individual and organizational capacities of stakeholders for developing sustainable and bankable projects and for ensuring financing.
Key Areas of Support
CDIA’s support is underpinned by the following development principles:
- Urban Environment Improvement: Development of urban infrastructure investment projects which contribute to the reduction of environmental degradation.
- Urban Poverty Reduction: Development of urban infrastructure investment projects with a pro-poor focus, where the rights of disadvantaged groups are addressed.
- Climate Change Mitigation and/or Adaptation: Development of urban infrastructure investments that contribute to the reduction of green house gas emissions; and help cities prepare for local impacts of climate change and other shocks and stresses.
- Good Governance: To promote financially and institutionally sustainable urban infrastructure investments to meet the needs of all citizens in cities.